No products in the cart!
Please make your choice.View all catalog
When it comes to plain text emails versus HTML emails, there’s a time and a place for both.
However, when it comes to keeping audiences and prospects engaged constantly, plain text emails may not always cut it. Plain text emails are great for one-on-one emails, but when it comes to sending automated emails to your segmented email lists, HTML emails are great.
We’ll take you through HTML emails and how you can them to create engaging emails for your business.
In contrast to plain text emails, HTML emails are formatted emails that contain style and design elements to increase engagement and visual appeal. HTML emails are built using HTML codes and inline CSS styles.
HTML offers diverse design opportunities, making it perfect for your engaging marketing emails. With HTML emails, multimedia files can be included directly in emails, with custom fonts and colors, amongst other styling options.
Behind the visually captivating HTML emails are multiple lines of code, including tables and inline CSS. To build an HTML email manually, you need to know how to use HTML codes to design your emails for desired results.
Beyond knowing your codes, building an HTML email by hand requires much more. Let’s take a look at the behind-the-scenes of setting up an effective HTML email.
These are some of the steps required before you can actually send out your newly created HTML email.
The endless design possibilities of being able to code your emails manually is a valid reason to want to build your emails by hand. However, this would require many hours of learning or the expense of hiring an expert. Plus, there are numerous steps to ensure proper rendering.
Marketers are busy people, and so many use an email automation tool like ours. Email marketing tools do the heavy lifting for you, so you don’t need to manually input lines of code for visually engaging and responsive emails.
Why use a marketing automation tool?
Building an email with Benchmark Email’s drag-and-drop builder is straightforward. Follow the steps below, and you’ll have your engaging email to send out to your subscribers in no time.
1. Click on “Emails” on the left-side menu from your account dashboard to expand the sub-menu, and click on “Emails” in the sub-menu to open the email dashboard.
2. Click on “Create New Email” on the top right. This presents you with a two-option pop-up menu.
3. Select “Regular Email” and click Next. This opens up a three-option pop-up menu – Drag and Drop Editor, Code Editor, and Plain Text Editor (the code editor lets you add your existing HTML codes to create your email.)
4. Click on the “Drag & Drop Editor” and click Next. This takes you to a page to name the HTML email you are about to create.
5. Enter the email name (visible only to you and not email recipients) and click Next. The next page is the email checklist.
6. Next, pick your layout preference. You can choose from eight layouts or select one of our pre-made templates to customize. If you choose one of our templates, you can do so depending on the industry and holidays.
7. If you choose the layout option, you can customize your template using our drag-and-drop builder. You can add images, your logo, and buttons, social icons, and eCommerce features to help promote your products.
If you choose one of our existing templates, you can adjust the content and add images and your company logo as well.
8. Once you’re done designing your HTML email, click “Save & Next.” You’ll be directed to the email checklist page. On the email checklist page, fill in the information for each item and customize other options.
The checklist page features:
Once all checklists have been fulfilled, click on Send Immediately or Schedule on the top-right, depending on your preference. Sending immediately will send the email to selected contacts within 10 minutes, while the schedule option allows you to choose a future date, time, and time zone for sending the email.
There you have it! A step-by-step guide for creating engaging emails using Benchmark Email for your business.
HTML emails don’t have to be complicated, time-consuming, and technical. With our easy-to-use drag-and-drop email builder and comprehensive HTML email template library, creating HTML-responsive emails becomes simple and fun. Try it out today by signing up for a free account here.