I got a PPO from Infosys for the DSE role after clearing the exam(HackwithInfy) Which was held on the 6th of March. The test consisted of 3 questions from which I was able to solve 1 complete question and 3 test cases of 2nd question. I received a mail about passing the test on the 18th of April and then received a mail with details of the interview on the 12th of May.
The Interview was for 30 minutes on the 13th of May. First, the interviewer gave an introduction of himself and then proceeded to ask me the following questions.
- Give a short introduction about yourself.
- Which language are you familiar with?? asked me about interfaces in java and also some questions from python.
- What is oops? encapsulation its real-life examples where it is used in networking?
- I was asked to share my screen and open Note pad. Type out an example of call by value and call by pointer
- What is typecasting? asked me to write code
- Asked me to write code of a question related to hashmap(repeated element)
- What is exception handling?
- Write down an exception handling code. I typed out the code and he told me what to write in the try block and proceeded to ask what would happen in different scenarios that he told me to type.
- Asked me about my projects? question-related to the projects(CSS,React,Node.js)which u can find on interviewBit like the difference between class and id, what are different types of positions in CSS?
- Can we add more than one class in the element or not? same for id?
- Some questions related to AI/ML?
- Where do you want to be in 5 years?
- That is all from my side. Do you have any questions?
- I asked him about the work culture and the kind of work to expect for DSE roles and he answered my question.