- The interview began with a brief introduction of mine.
I gave a short introduction that stated things apart from my resume, it included my qualities, what I love to do, and the current interests/trends am keeping pace with.
- What is DS(Data Structure)?
- Applications of some data structures.
- Which programming language are you familiar with?
- Difference between B-Tree and BST.
- What is Exception Handling? Explain with an example.
- Which is the best sorting?
I stated three cases a) to deal with arrays, quick sort
- For linked lists, merge sort
- Overall, heap sort: as it has an edge for the space complexity. its space complexity is O(1) whereas quick and merge sort requires the space complexity of O(n)
- Types of join
- When we perform a cartesian product on two relations, what will be the no. of tuples, and no. of attributes in the result?
- Approach to solving a problem:
If there are some students who have competed few numbers of codes, such as 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on. and also there are a few students who have not done any code, i.e. no. of codes done is NOTA(none of the above).
Now sort them on the basis of the number of codes done in such a case that students with NOTA should come at last.
- What is a class?
- Candidate key, foreign key, primary key?
- If a unique key has a null constraint, can it be said as a primary key?
- What is a starter class?
A class which contains main.
The interviewer then said it was great connecting to you. Do you have any questions for me?
Me: Yes sir.
Questions for the interviewer:
- I am very curious to know what keeps you going with your job.
- What is the favorite thing that you like about your job?
- If you have a hectic day, how do you cope with it?
Me: thank you, sir, this experience that I received from your answers will surely help me to excel in the corporate world.
basically, the interviewer asked questions about the programming language, DBMS(It was stated in the resume), and data structures.
- Be confident
- If there’s a question which you do not know, do say I don’t know this answer and assure him that you will study about this.
- Brief everything you know about the questioned topic. for eg: if the interviewer asked about no. of tuples on two relations after performing cartesian product. do tell him the no. of attributes too.
If he asks for AVL tree, tell everything you know about it.
- Do not sit very serious, be comfortable as it saves you from hesitation, stammering, and also the negative impact on the interviewer.
- Treat the interview more as a conversation, but in a formal way.
I hope this helped you in your last moment of preparation.
All the very best!!