Cisco recently visited my campus for 2 roles:
(Eligible branches were CSE, CSBS, and ISE only with a Minimum 8.5 CGPA)
Round-1(mode: Online, Test Duration: 1 hour)
- The first round comprised of 25 MCQ questions including aptitude, logical, C/C++ output questions, and technical portions.
- Quantitative aptitude and Logical part were much more predominant, the questions were more intuitive and not typical paper pen/formula based. They were not very difficult.
- The technical aptitude part covered questions from computer networks, operating systems, and data structures (particularly linked list). C output questions were also there.
Suggestion: I would suggest doing practice from sites like Indiabix, as it will give the confidence to solve problems.
After Round-1, 27 students were shortlisted for round-2.
Round-2(mode: Online, Duration: 1:15 mins)
- 45 minutes on my projects and rest on DSA,OS.
- This round started with questions on my projects. I had 2 projects on SQL, and 2 on ML. Since my interviewer had the experience of 20 years as data analyst, most of the questions were asked on my ML projects.
- They asked me to write few codes from my projects, asked about various scenarios related to my project, how exceptions are handled.
- They asked me to code factorial using recursion, and implementation of linked list.
- Few standard questions on OS, prepare on DBMS, Networks also since my friends were asked on these topics.
Suggestion: Practice questions on gfg, refer Codehelp by Love Babber channel for OS and competitive coding. Do good projects.
After Round-2, around 15 students were shortlisted for managerial round.
Round-3(mode: Online, Duration: 45 mins)
- This round had scenario based questions to test my managing skills and ability to solve team conflicts. Asked me about plans on future studies.
- Questions on Software Engineering( go through important software engineering questions ).
- Every single detail that was mentioned in my resume was discussed.
After Round-3, 6 were shortlisted for HR round.
- In this round HR asked me to introduce myself, then discussed about job role, preference of work location.
Finally, 6 people were selected. Everyone got Software Engineering role.
- Make sure you know every small detail about your project because you will be asked to explain all your projects in both rounds 2 and 3.
- Don’t fake anything in the resume.
- Keep something to eat with you as the recruitment process started at 8:30 in the morning and went till 6:30 in the evening.
- Make sure you give concise and clear answers in the managerial round.
- Practice some puzzles as those were asked from my friends.
- Be confident, Keep a smile.